Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 1


Well, the dreaded first shot is behind me, and I am very pleased to report that it turned out to be a total nonevent. It was over almost before I realized what had happened- quick, painless, easy. Whew! Far more painful was measuring my chubby (fat!) little body in all the standard places and recording it. UGH! The only reason to put myself thru that is so I can (hopefully) be extraordinarily pleased with the difference after these next 39 days are over.
My first day of 'loading' is also behind me. I don't think I want to keep a record of the gluttony I engaged in.. let's just say I don't think I will be tempted by an Oreo for a very long time! LOL It occurred to me, as I was eating dinner tonight, that I will probably miss potatoes and broccoli as much, if not more, than sweet things. Sad to say, I'm not overly thrilled with the selection of vegetables I get to choose from- asparagus, beet greens, chard etc. are really not high on my list of yummo foods. But, who knows? I've always said you can eat anything if you get hungry enough.. guess I'll find out if that's really true now. :) Thank goodness I can still have apples!
Tomorrow I need to take my 'before' picture.. yeah, really looking forward to that. Not. And, I need to sit down and plan some menus, put together a grocery list and hunt down a digital kitchen scale. The good news is that I still have some mint chocolate chip ice cream in the freezer with my name on it. I have found it interesting that, even though I have been eating a LOT today, that I'm still not uncomfortably full. I can see the wisdom in this 'loading' thing while your body assimilates the HCG.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray, Mom! I new you could do the shot, no problem! Glad it was a non-event for you. Have fun with your last day of "loading". Proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I have imagined up a menu to things I would eat if I were forced to load up on fats and everything associated therewith. Unhappily everything on the list gives me heartburn at night and makes me want to binge endlessly (like the night I stayed at Nate & Maria's, raided their fridge, and at the remains of 3 or 4 cartons of their ice cream). I'm watching this process with much curiosity. Good luck Nellie Belle.

    ReplyDelete