Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 3.. Hope This Gets Easier!

Lunch


Dinner


Well, its been an interesting day. I woke up this morning knowing that my blood sugar was too high. No big surprise after the past 2 days! LOL (For a diabetic that really wasn't too bright.Duh) Next time around I will, I hope, be smarter about the 'loading' and concentrate more on fats than sugar.
Anyway, bottom line was that I gained almost 3 pounds and blood sugar was higher than I've ever tested. I skipped breakfast as I had no hunger. So, after a laid back start to the day of reading email, showering etc. we decided to head out to Target to buy that digital scale. We also went to Sprouts- kind of a combination farmer's market and health food store- where I found some Stevia to try. That is the only sweetener allowed on this diet.
By the time we got home I was READY for lunch. I had a grilled turkey burger, some sliced celery and strawberries sweetened with Stevia. YUM It tasted great!
I spent the afternoon finishing up Sophie's Halloween costume. (Can I just say she is going to be the cutest Fairy Princess ever??) I got so involved in sewing that I waited too long to get dinner going. I was shaky and way too hungry before I got to sit down to eat. Moral of this story is to be better prepared! 500 calories is not very forgiving.. Dinner was an Apple/Chicken/Romaine Lettuce Salad with vinegar& Stevia dressing. Not quite as satisfying as lunch. I may not be a salad kind of gal.
The shakiness lasted for an hour or so after eating, followed by a nasty headache. I suspect this has more to do with blood sugar than the diet as I also got really cold and had to put on a jacket. It is now 10PM, the Advil has kicked in and I'm ready for a snack and bed. I reserved an ounce of chicken and a 1/4 of my apple for a bedtime snack. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes.. looking forward to seeing what the scales say!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are writing every day. I'm very interested in how you are doing. Your dinner and lunch looked really good. Can't wait to hear about your progress.

    ReplyDelete