Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 2


Bluck. Ok, my 2nd loading day is over and, believe it or not, I'm glad! I don't think I could eat another bite of fattening food if I tried. Dr Bird's instruction manual says: "These [first 2 days] are 'loading days', and consist of eating as many fat-filled foods as possible until you are completely stuffed... This stage of the diet, while it may seem strange, is vital because you will not struggle with as much hunger and fatigue in the beginning stages. Patients who do not follow instructions and do not consume enough high-calorie fatty foods on the loading days experience a much more difficult time in the beginning and struggle during their first week."
Let's just say I gave it my best shot! LOL He told me that it is natural to gain during these 2 days but that the weight will quickly fall off. I hope he's right.. at this point I feel like I've.. shall we say, 'blossomed'? Looking forward to those scale numbers going DOWN instead of up!!
Tomorrow is my first 500 calorie day. Menus are planned, food purchased.. I just need to find me some digital kitchen scales and I'll be all set! Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. Today's the day. I'm glad you are so organized and ready. I'm so excited to read all about your journey. Good luck. Here's too numbers going down on that scale. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marnie, you are doing great. You are such a good example to me. You really motivated me to be better on my diet. NO CHEATING. If you can do this, I can do mine. I am so proud of you. I am looking forward to this blog. Keep it up, it will keep me going! (No pressure.) Love ya'!

    ReplyDelete