Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 5 Asian Meets Southwest

Found this recipe on recipezaar that I have to try.. Easy Grilled Lime Chicken . It sounds really good, and easy.. I'm all about easy. Especially in this weather! Think I'll serve it with 1/2 a microwaved potato and some frozen green beans.. maybe try an adaptation of this recipe:* Corn and Green Beans in Lime Shallot Butter. I have beans & corn in the freezer and I like the idea of repeating the lime flavor..
************************
Ok, this meal was to die for! We both gave the chicken 5 stars- that marinade is wonderful. The meat turned out tender and so packed with flavor- a real keeper! And I loved how the veggies worked with it. We each had 1/2 microwaved potato to round off the meal with 3 grape tomatoes thrown on the plate for color. DELISH!!

*my adaptation..(2 servings).
1 green onion (I didn't have shallots)
1 c corn- 2 C
1 1/2 c green beans -1C
1 t olive oil (1F)
1 t butter (1F) would probably leave out next time as I don't think it affected the taste that much)
sprinkling of sliced almonds for crunch
splash of lime juice

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this meal tonight. I had to...it's to die for :). I'll let you know what we think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! Chris and I both loved both recipes. Thanks for sharing...looking forward to trying some of the other ones you have loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut up the left over chicken and put it into a gravy (made from cream of chicken soup, water, and green onions). We put the gravy over mashed potatos and served it with broccoli. It was super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete