Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 3..back to a standby

Tomorrow I think we'll have some good ol' stove top, grilled chicken-Marnie style. (I slap some frozen chicken thighs on a Pam sprayed frying pan, cover with a lid and cook on med flame till partially thawed on the bottom. Then flip them, shake some seasoning on them, put the lid back on and when the bottom is nicley brown I flip them again.. more seasoning. This time I usually add some garlic powder and a quick sprinkle of cayenne pepper. When they are just about done I splash some lime juice on them and let them simmer for a few more minutes. ) I'm going to serve them with a new recipe- Broccoli and Apple salad, & some steamed cauliflower. I might even have enough carbs left to throw in 1/2 baked potato each. Gotta put it thru the zone runner to see. .. Nope, no potato tonight.
Chicken- 3P
1/2 recipe Broccoli & Apple salad- made with 1 1/2 T fructose (instead of 3 T sugar) = just under 3 C
sliced almonds tossed on salad= 2 F
1 c. cauliflower- .25 C
*************************
After the meal..
The salad was tasty but the vinegar flavor was a little intense. We found we liked it better with the chicken cut up in it. I'm gonna have to rework it a little but I think it has great possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment