Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 41 Are We There Yet?

Let me preface this post by saying I'm coming down with a cold. My head hurts, my body aches and I'm feeling generally yukky. Which will give you a general idea of my mood right now. (not cheerful!) LOL
That being said, I have to say I am ready to be done with this round. I am past ready for some variety in my food choices. It doesn't make it any easier that I've GAINED weight the last 2 days. ERG Even though I know that my body does this, its still painful to get on the scales in the morning and see those numbers up twice in a row. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have a nice break through. In the meantime, I'm trying hard to be patient till next Thursday when I can have some REAL veggies like broccoli! Tomorrow will probably be my last appointment with Dr Bird so I plan on really picking his brain about what comes next.. like how long should my next protocol be. I'm reading conflicting things online. Some people say you should only go 28 days for the following times. Also, need a clear definition of starches... like is 100% ww bread considered a starch? I have a recipe for bread that calls for ww flour, olive oil, salt, yeast, and water- definitely not a simple carbohydrate type. It would be fine on the Zone Diet, in limited quantities, of course. Also, is it ok to just wait 6 weeks between protocols or should the time between be extended with each go round? I think I'm looking at 3 or 4 to get down to a normal weight.
On a positive note, I wore my 'someday' skirt to Church on Sunday and, on Monday, one of the ladies at the office told me she could tell I had lost weight. Nice to hear! Gotta celebrate the successes. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so well and you are definitely on the final stretch. I'm sure it feels like you have been doing it forever. Hope your doctor's appointment went well. Looking forward to an update.

    P.S. LOVE your new blog background...very festive. I especially love the icicles.

    ReplyDelete