Friday, June 5, 2009

Fast Sunday.. Need Something Quick & Easy

We must be talking grilling again. :) And, besides, I found another recipe I just have to try.
Oh, my! I mixed up this marinade this morning and does it smell wonderful! Grilled Chicken with Herbs Ok, I may be showing off a bit because I have an herb garden!! (Do YOU have an herb garden?) I really am very excited to have fresh herbs just outside my door- I've wanted to grow them for soooo long! I am such a fan- and, they are so blasted expensive to buy. And, by the way, after mixing up all the ingredients, I think we really have to rename this recipe- How can it be called anything but "Scarborough Fair Chicken"? (sing it with me.."parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme..") and I sure hope it tastes as good as it smells!! I'm also going to make up a foil packet of Herbed Veggies to grill.. that was so good before. Maybe we'll try rosemary this time- although that basil flavor is pretty hard to pass up..
*****************
hmmm... well, I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. However, I will try this again with skinless chicken. I always peel off the skin and that's probably where the flavor was. I love balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs so I really expected to be blown away but I just wasn't.. yep, I really am going to have to give this one another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment